Terms & Conditions – Updated October 2022
- There will be no reduction or refund for any absence, including holidays, sickness, auditions or professional work.
- In the event that a class cannot be held at the dance studios as the result of a situation beyond our control (including but not limited to a further lockdown due to Covid-19), it will be replaced online.
- Fees are non-refundable if a student wishes to leave PopGems Academy before the end of their enrolment.
- Failed payments or account adjustments, will incur a £15 ADMIN FEE, plus any additional platform fees that are charged to us.
- Good behaviour and manners are expected at all times.
- No jewellery to be worn to class.
- Absolutely no chewing gum.
- Full uniform should be worn to all classes with the exception of trials.
- Outdoor shoes are not allowed to be worn in the studios – Dance shoes only.
- Please leave valuables at home as PopGems Academy WILL NOT be held responsible for any lost items.
- Please bring a bottle of water to class – No fizzy drinks. Only clear liquids are allowed in the studios.
- By taking part in classes, you are giving PopGems Academy the right to the use of any photos/videos that may be taken for the website and social media for promotional purposes.
- On occasions, PopGems Academy may need to bring in another suitable team member to cover a class.
- All staff are fully qualified and DBS checked. However, due to the nature of teaching dance sometimes it is necessary to correct dance positions physically. This is always conducted with the utmost care + professionalism.
- Parents/Guardians have a responsibility to notify us of any illness or injury that may affect a child’s class.
- Trial places are open at selected times of the year only (subject to availability), to ensure that we can continue to provide the very best service for the committed students that we have currently enrolled for each term, without disruption.
- Trial places are extremely limited and secured via our online booking system, on a first come first served basis. (If your desired class is full, please join the waiting list)
- To request the booking link or if you have any questions or need advice about which class(es) would be most suitable for your child, please email us through the contact form on our website www.popgemsacademy.com
- Class places are prioritised for current students. Any available places are then made available to those on our waiting lists.
PAYMENT FOR CLASSES:
- In order to create ease, from our Spring Term 2023, we will be moving onto a monthly payment system.
- Our classes run for 3 x 12 week terms a year. (A total of 36 weeks of classes provided for you, by us each year).
- Each term is paid in 4 equal instalments, to keep things consistent and simple for you.
- The monthly amount is your total amount split equally, rather than paying different amounts each month, which would be very complex.
- SPRING TERM PAYMENTS are taken in: Jan/Feb/March/April
- SUMMER TERM PAYMENTS are taken in: May/June/July/Aug
- AUTUMN TERM PAYMENTS are taken in: Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec
- Please note this is a split payment plan rather than paying for classes that do or don’t happen that month. For example your August payment is your 4th and final payment for the Summer term, even though the term finished in July and you have already had those classes. This is to spread the cost out.
INITIAL PAYMENT / NOTICE PERIOD
- Unlike many children’s activities and clubs, we do not charge a joining fee.
- We do however require a commitment of ‘half a term’ notice period to give up your place, as we only accept new students at selected times of the year. This is to ensure that we can continue to provide the very best service for the committed students that we have currently enrolled for each term, without disruption.
- Therefore when joining, you will be charged a one off initial payment at the cost of half a term, acting as your deposit (and notice period should you decide to leave us), and from there on it will be smaller recurring monthly payments, as described above.
- Recurring monthly payments will be taken on the 1st of each month, by GoCardless. If the 1st falls on a weekend or bank holiday, it will be a day or two after.
- We hope that our students stay with us for many years, but if/when the time comes that you decide to leave PopGems Academy, once we receive your half term’s notice, we will cancel your future payments immediately, and no further payments will be due. Students will then still be able to attend for the remainder of the half term.
Important note – Notice to leave a class must be given by email, by the 14th date of the month, for us to make these changes. If you have not informed us by this date, the following months payment will still be due.
GOCARDLESS PAYMENT SYSTEM
GoCardless is used via our software to collect payments. There is just one step for you. Enter your card details onto our system when you receive an email from us, and each month we take the agreed amount by direct debit (any changes will always be advised and agreed first).
…and that’s it. You don’t need to remember to pay any bills, we do it all for you.
What’s so great about monthly payments?
- Smaller, manageable amounts
- No surprises. Every month is the same.
- Use of GoCardless the Uk’s most reliable and trusted secure Direct Debit company
- No card fees (we pick this up for you)
Please note – For those who have siblings in our 1-5yrs PopTots, MiniPops or Minigems, those classes are available to book termly at www.thepoptots.com